© 2018 by WestSide Wellness

Request a Consultation

What is Mesotherapy?

Mesotherapy is a technique that uses injections of vitamins and enzymes to remove excess fat.

Mesotherapy is used to:remove fat in areas like the stomach, thighs, buttocks, hips, legs, arms, and face, reduce cellulite, tighten loose skin, and recontour the body.

How does Mesotherapy work?

  • Fat deposits in cellulite and localized areas such as the chin and jowl can be successfully treated by enzymes that breakdown the fat cell.

  • The fat dissolving enzymes disrupt the wall of the fat cell, releasing the fat and allowing it to be reabsorbed by the lymphatic system and is excreted by the body.

  • Mesotherapy is a promising treatment for removing unwanted fat and body contouring. 

  • Mesotherapy is a series of injections that delivers medicine (PC/DC and L-Carnitine) into the middle layer (mesoderm) of the skin.

  • Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is the most commonly used agent for fat cell lysis by affecting the permeability of the adipocyte membrane for fat mobilization. It makes up 40% of human cell membranes. 

  • Sodium deoxycholate (DC) is a bile salt that increases fat-dissolution effectiveness of PC through disintegration of adipocytes. It is a natural substance with no known allergies.

  • L-Carnitine shuttles fat into the mitochondria. It often provides an additional boost of energy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why Mesotherapy?

Mesotherapy is considered a nonsurgical alternative to liposuction, with the goal of removing unwanted fat.

Liposuction permanently removes fat from areas like your stomach, thighs, and back. Cosmetic surgeons perform this procedure by inserting a thin plastic tube through small incisions in your skin, and then suctioning out the fat using a surgical vacuum.

Liposuction is done while you’re under anesthesia. Although liposuction is considered effective as it permanently removes fat. Recovery can take up to six weeks. It also has risks like nerve and blood vessel damage, irregular skin contours, burns, and infection. And liposuction is expensive.

Mesotherapy is an alternative for people who cannot afford or are looking for other treatment options.

Mesotherapy is not a quick fix as one injection does not effectively reduce the appearance of fat, and there is no guarantee of results.

Mesotherapy Expert Opinion?

Marion Shapiro, DO, the director of Mesotherapy Associates PC in New York City and West Orange, N.J, states “Mesotherapy doesn't work in approximately 5% of patients, but in the other 95%, "the results are spectacular." She sees 150 patients a week.